Saturday

How I Made Knot Handles

Today I cranked out 9 of these little knot handles. Super awesome, I know;)


Here's how I did it:

First I got a length of nylon rope. I got 10 ft. for 9 knots and I just barley squeaked by. I chose Nylon because it seems like it will stay cleaner than the cotton alternative I had in mind. Another plus is that you can melt it together to seal the knot. And the best plus of all? It was only 47 cents a foot which definitely better than the $25 it was going to cost me to replace the one handle that this dresser was missing- blame shipping charges to Alaska :(


First you need to slightly melt a few inches of your rope, I used a lighter. This will serve as the needle part of you rope so you can thread it through your holes. 
By keeping the whole length together you will only have to make one end. 


Tie a knot on the other end of your rope. Melt the end of your knot enough that the end is melted to the rest of the knot so that it won't come undone later on. 

Thread your rope through one of your holes and you are ready to make your knot,
I don't know what kind of knot this is but it is just about the same knot I use to tie my hook on when I go fishing:) 


One loop...


Two loops....

Position your knot as close or far away from your holes as need as to make it centered between holes. 
Then thread your needle end back though and make a knot on the inside accordingly.


Cut off your extra thread. 


Melt the knot like the first one, careful not to catch your drawer on fire. 

And then you're done!


Repeat as needed :) 


How ya like that for a sneak peak? ;)

Linking to:














3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!! You are one talented chick, I don't know if I'd have the patience for that. Looks so adorable on the dresser! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, never thought of that before! I'm a new follower from Polly's hop.

    http://www.meldreamsoften.com

    ReplyDelete