Friday

If At First You Don’t Succeed …

If you’ve been around a while you’ve seen me through Plan A, which is basically me coming to terms with the idea that I don’t have the $, the time, or the house to make my home look like it belongs on the coast of the Bahamas but I’m going to do everything in my power to make it look like the best little house it can be. I also have pretty much have no idea what I’m doing so Pinterest, my pocket book, and I are stumbling along trying to get it just right. In the meantime there’s been some trial and error or we’ve just outgrown something we tried before. but we’re trying again!

Exhibit A: The Closet Office 

IMG_5141

  • The desk was too deep to actually reach the stuff in the back.
  • We don’t hardly use the computer or printer anymore since we gave up the internet bill.
  • That file cabinet is just UGLY and I can’t get to it to fix it because it’s tucked back into that corner and won’t come out!
  • As deep as it was there wasn’t actually any room to craft. I pretty much use my phone for bills and things now so I needed a crafting space more than an office.

Exhibit B: The Girls Room (more recently)

IMG_5160

  • Basically the girls weren’t even using this room anymore except to make a toy mess when friends came over. It’s a long story but they have a new room that was meant for Anberlynn but they both sleep together anyway. The house is too small for wasted space.
  • The carpet in here was toast after an unfortunate permanent marker accident.
  • Though all their friends and I thought their princess loft bed was pretty cool, the girls apparently didn’t.
  • Anberlynn will be going to school this fall *sniffle* and we need a place better than the kitchen table to homework and school projects.
  • Me only having craft closet isn’t working. I have more supplies than fit in a closet and cutting fabric on the coffee table was not fun.

So there you have it, a couple of things we are working on because they didn’t work out the first time. Luckily, we are learning and getting better at it every time!

We are trying to make our house run smoother and more efficiently and make it us all at the same time. Who knew it would be such a tall order?

No comments:

Post a Comment